Saturday 17 May 2014

Final Inspection: "Follow the Paper Trail"

Friday, the building inspector came to the site, for what I had hoped to be the visit where I could get the little yellow, officially stamped, piece of paper that is final approval of the construction phase. Those folks that know of the year I've experienced, will know that my luck is just not that good.  The experienced inspector had a good look around, made some useful suggestions,  and then took out his metal clad,armored notebook and proceeded to check off a long list of items. Until, "Do you have your Site Engineering report, schedule D subset c. Produced only on the Third Tuesday of a leap year?" I frantically start flipping, sorting, and rustling through my paperwork to make it appear that I knew what dialect of English he was speaking. The very last page of the two inch stack of "Official Paper" I discover Engineering Report Schedule D written in the blood of a baby Sasquatch! However, this is not the form needed. No, apparently, this engineering report will need to be transcribed on parchment from the Dead Sea Scrolls.....

Embellishment aside, all that is required for the "Final" is a form with the engineer who approved the building plans, signature. So.. A journey on the paper trail I go.

So instead of a picture of Me grinning, holding a magical piece of paper, you get the Morning picture of the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment